Saturday, October 01, 2005

Another from the sketchbook.





This was a quick sketch I did using some beautiful conte pencils my Mother in law brought me back from her last trip home to the Czech Republic.
Conte is like chalk only harder. In Canada, if you can find coloured conte it is usually in stick form. These pencils are amazing and the things I can do with them certainly surpass pencil crayons.
The website for Creta color has them listed as "hard pastel pencils".
I've found Aquarell pencils and crayons in art supply stores but I've never found anything like these pencils.

Smudgers are a good investment if you work in charcoal, graphite, conte, chalk, or pastel.

I still like my fingers for smudging best, but a smudger can give a bit more control and precision than fingers can.

No comments: