Saturday, August 29, 2009

One class down!

I am officially finished my first class for my Masters of Visual Art Education degree! It was a very intensive, 9 day studio class. I haven't produced so much art in such a short period ever in my life. It was wonderful!
Here are some pictures from the work I did in the two week class. The guitar is from an exercise we did on the first day- 50 drawings in 50 minutes. I think I drew the guitar 32 times! My friend Maggie ended up making a very short animation with pictures of my drawings she took with her cell phone. The next two are from my sketchbook, it isn't quite finished but these are a couple of examples of what I did in it. The last two photos are the paintings I did. They consist of 4 small landscapes with photo transfers and collage (measuring either 1 X 2 or 2 X 3) that I painted independently and then connected together and a large self portrait (3X4). It was strange but my sketchbook and the paintings ended up being about family history and identity. I wasn't expecting them to go in that direction but I think the overall results were successful.
Watch the animation

No comments: