Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Drawing on Gustav Klimt

I have a number of posters I have made with artist biographies and images of art works that I show students when we do assignments. This brings a certain authenticity to the image making of the students when they are working in the style of "real artists". I like to begin the lesson with a short introduction to the artist and let the students view the artist's work.
I used my poster with images by Klimt and a short biography of him prior to this lesson. I recommend making your own poster, as many of Klimt's works that can be found on gallery websites may not be appropriate for school use.

This lesson is adapted from a simpler lesson on kinderart.com.
Symbols with Klimt

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hi, I think the show is going on for all of October for sure. I will look into it for you though. It is a very powerful show for sure.