Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Rubric for Marking

Again I have used Google Docs to publish a rubric I developed for art assignments. Marking art assignments is a rather distasteful task in my mind, because it can be so subjective. This rubric was my solution. I used the same rubric for all major assignments. This helped the students become familiar with my expectations and kept my marking consistent but allowed for all students to do well on assignments if they chose to do so. I think this helped to make my art lessons accessible to all students regardless of their natural talent or initial interest.

Art Rubric

I forgot to mention, I used the rubric generator at Teachnology.

4 comments:

Sherry Toninato said...

I love your art rubric. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of Cyberspace. Sherry Toninato, Teacher Candidate, UNBC

Stephanie said...

I really appreciated seeing your art rubric. It opened up a lot of thinking for me about how to assess art projects because as you say, it can be so subjective! If that rubric and criteria were used to assess my art work I would feel that it was fair and attainable (even though I do not have great art skills). It appears to give every student the chance to do well! Thanks for sharing that with us!

Stephanie said...

Oh sorry, the previous post was by Stephanie Popoff, Teacher Candidate, UNBC 08.

Tracy MacDonald said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my blog about the mosaic table. I checked out your blog and I wanted to thank you for discussing art rubrics. I agree art is tricky to assess. What makes art good? Can art really be seen as bad? A rubric will at least give us guidelines to help with the assessment process.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.