Saturday, October 01, 2005

A few from my sketchbook.


The chip pile up at the mill camp I worked at last year.











Egyptian art has always fascinated me. The artistic conventions of how people and gods could be depicted were very strict. This is Anubis and Bast. Anubis weighs the hearts of the dead and feeds those he finds lacking to a monster. Bast protects women and children.

Self portrait in a mirror. My self portraits always have a sibling resemblance to me. My concentration is evident in my expression too!


I love birds and these were just some random sketchings from memory.


Another random sketching from memory.

1 comment:

Chirtie said...

I'm not sure if I want it to go directly as is, or if I will let the artist work with it a bit... I have an old one on my back that needs to be covered (I was 20 and it ended up being a bit of a butcher job and scarred badly) I am hoping to add a blue lotus flower to the design and have that be the cover of my old one.
The symbolism of my old one is still important to me so I will likely get it redone somewhere else.